Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

33 weeks - getting close!

How far along: 33 + 3
Ready for a flashback? 34 weeks pregnant with Felix at our baby shower!
I definitely feel like my belly is shaped differently with this baby -- but then again my entire body is shaped differently after having Felix!

Baby is the size of a: Head of Lettuce

Baby is 17 inches long and close to 5 pounds!
Any names? yes! We refer to her as JoJo -- name to be shared after my shower next weekend, to keep in tradition with how we shared Felix's name.  

 Any Ultrasounds? 
None that are recent, or worth sharing. Baby girl was buried deep into my pelvis that they could hardly see anything last time. 
Have you heard the heart beat?  Her heart beat is almost always at 155.
Who do you think she will look like?  Probably a mix of the two ;) 
Big cheeks. Big brown eyes (maybe blue green if we're lucky!). Good hair like Felix
Maternity clothes: Yes. And starting to wear some of Seth's clothes just because they are more comfy at this point 

Stretch marks: yep, though I'm still certain that these are all old and new ones haven't emerged. After all, there is no room for any new ones. 
Sleep:
Sleep has improved. Hallelujah.
The cocktail of essential oils and sprays has made a huge difference. And Felix started sleeping in later now that we pushed his bedtime to 8pm. It makes for a longer day but I will happily keep him up later if it means he sleep until 7. 
Best moment of this week:
The nursery is starting to really come together and I love it! 

I'll probably share more pictures when it's all done.

Miss anything: Being able to put on my shoes. Being able to bend over. This belly is in my way so much more than I remember!
Movement: All day long. She is fairly active a lot of the day. 
Food cravings: Sweet stuff. Though I'm trying to be careful because I can feel myself packing on the pounds. I don't know how much weight I've gained because I've refused to be weighed this entire pregnancy. YEP, that's possible and I have yet to be hassled about it. Because of my history of issues with food, getting my weight checked raises my blood pressure, which midwives never like to see. So I told them, no weight check = lower blood pressure, and it has been true this entire pregnancy where last time, I was borderline high blood pressure EVERY visit and they always kept me longer to check it again and again. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: If I don't eat enough protein or wait too long to eat, I start to get nauseus. I look forward to the days where my body isn't so dependent on food all of the time. 

Have you started to show yet: LOL yes. If I touch my belly in public it sends people into a tizzy thinking I'm about to go into labor. *insert eyeroll here*

Gender: GIRL. Still feels a bit unreal but we're getting used to the idea with all of her cute little clothes and bows. 
Labor signs? Nada. Though she is hanging out pretty low so I'm feeling all kinds of pressure on my lady parts. 
Belly button in or out: In.
Wedding rings on or off: On! 

Formula or Breastfeeding?  Formula -- click here to read about my journey with IGT:
http://becomingmrsvannuys.blogspot.com/2015/06/mammary-hypoplasia-my-milkless-journey.html
Have you bought anything for the baby yet?  Oh yes. She has a pretty full closet and dresser thanks to some smart pre-loved shopping and getting some good hand me downs from friends. 
Natural or Medicated birth?  Hoping for another natural unmedicated birth. 
Happy or moody most of the time: I bounce in between the two pretty often. 

Birth plan: Hoping to get this baby out in the two weeks that my mom is visiting between 39-41 weeks. Starting with raspberry leaf supplements and Evening Primrose oil in the next couple weeks, and will agree to get my membranes swept to try and start labor if I go over my due date. I know baby will come when she's ready -- but I also would love to maximize the help my mom can offer while she's here!
I would love if I could go a little bit early, but seeing that she has a big head like Felix and has a very good chance of being sunny side up -- I won't put all my eggs in the early labor basket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment