Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

19 weeks



How far along: 19 weeks! Though this photo is from 18 weeks, because I haven't looked cute enough since then to take a photo.
Baby is the size of a: Large mango? Heirloom tomato? 
Any names? yes! SHE has a first and middle name, and we will most likely not be sharing publicly until she is born. But you can certainly ask us privately and we will tell you :) 

 Any Ultrasounds? 
This was at 17 weeks, and we have another at 20 which is next Monday! Can't wait!

Have you heard the heart beat?  Yes! Heart beat usually sits in the 150's. 
Who do you think it will look like?  When we first met Felix, we instantly knew who he looked like. But now that he is a toddler he is looking less like Seth and more like me. So now it's really hard to say who she will look like! I hope its a perfect mix.  
Maternity clothes: Yes. Maternity sweatshirts are my favorite thing right now. Surprisingly I also just found two cute dresses for upcoming events! I've been dreading dress shopping but that was a pleasant surprise.

Stretch marks: yep. Feeling like it's unavoidable that I'll get more as time goes on. 

Sleep: still sleeping great. I anticipate that will change as I get bigger, as I'm already finding it uncomfortable being on my back for any length of time. 

Best moment of this week: kicks! Having an anterior placenta two pregnancies in a row is lame, so it's really nice to finally feel some consistent movement. 

Miss anything: Wine and beer, still. Most other things that I feel like I want, I eat. Turkey sandwich? GIMME THAT. Also just missing being able to drink caffienated beverages whenever I want them. 

Movement: Little kicks! 

Food cravings: Surprisingly not many at all. I had so many with Felix! But I'm happy to not be overeating so I'll take the lack of cravings as a good sign. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm still sensitive to a lot of smells, but thankfully I haven't felt nauseous or sick from them, just really grossed out. 

Have you started to show yet: Yes. It is now an undeniable baby bump, which also invites peoples opinions on it. In the past few weeks I've heard that it's a girl because I'm getting wide, and I've also heard triplets. People should really just learn to keep their mouths shut unless they're telling a pregnant lady she looks beautiful. 

Gender: GIRL! Still getting used to that idea, but excited for all the frilly and sparkly things. And I've already designed most of the nursery so....clearly there's no gender disappointment here. 

Labor signs:nope! But hoping she moves further up into my belly so it can relieve some of the pressure I've been having. 

Belly button in or out: In!

Wedding rings on or off: On! 

Formula or Breastfeeding?  Formula. And again -- ask me about Mammary Hypoplasia or IGT. I invite people into the conversation about those who physically can't breastfeed because it helps educate and stop the shaming of women that choose formula for their babies. 

Have you bought anything for the baby yet?  We have some of the big things, and now I'm starting to build the nursery decor with fabrics. Baby girl has a custom mobile in the works, and a custom bedding set being made by my Mother-in-Law!
Natural or Medicated birth?  Hoping for natural. But, now that we know that having an anterior placenta is tied to having back labor and a sunny side up delivery, I will happily take the epidural to avoid the pain and discomfort associated with back labor. 
Happy or moody most of the time: It depends on the day. I feel like I'm definitely more irritable, more often. 


No comments:

Post a Comment