Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

14 weeks: Hello Second Trimester!


How far along: 14 weeks
Baby is the size of a: LEMON!
Any names? We have names picked out for a boy and a girl -- but we probably won't share publicly until the birth. The negative and questionable reactions to Felixs name caught us off guard and made me uncomfortable. And of course now we get nothing but compliments on it! But if you ask, and I know you're awesome and wont judge our choices, I'll probably tell you. 
 Any Ultrasounds?  We haven't seen the baby since 6 weeks! 
Have you heard the heart beat?  Yes! So glad I have a doppler at home, we also heard it at my midwifes office which was exciting.
Who do you think it will look like?  hard to say since we don't know the sex, but Seth's genes seemed to be very dominant with Felix and still are. If it's a girl, I hope she looks a little bit like me (and has a smaller head than Felix!) 
Maternity clothes: Definitely. They are just more comfortable, and now that my belly is starting to stick out more, regular shirts are definite no go. 
Stretch marks: yep. Not sure if these ones are new or just left over from Felix, but I will forever be a tiger in disguise. 
Sleep: sleeping pretty well! If I wake up to pee I have trouble going back to sleep, but I started using Cedarwood oil at night again and that helps me sleep so much beter. 
Best moment of this week: Finding out that we get to know the gender of our baby before Christmas! We are going home for Christmas with our families and it was right around the time an ultrasound would be scheduled, it was a long shot to ask if my midwife could have it scheduled early (17 weeks), but she agreed!
Miss anything: wine. I don't know how people survive toddlerhood without wine!
Movement: I've felt some small things, but it could still be gas. With Felix I had an anterior placenta and didn't feel him until way later so I don't really know what to expect this early with movement. 
Food cravings: Thankfully the cravings haven't been as strong, and I don't feel so hungry all of the time. But when I do crave things its usually burritos, just like I did with Felix!
Anything making you queasy or sick: The smell of our grocery store and the smell of our refrigerator. I have found that I am REALLY sensitive to smells when I'm pregnant, and you wouldn't think it's that frustrating of a symptom until you have it and you feel like you have a dogs nose all of the time. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes. Though I think some people still wonder if I'm just fat or actually pregnant. I'm really hoping to be out of that stage soon! 
Gender: We don't know yet. Sometimes I think girl, sometimes I think boy. With my families genetics, it would be surprising if we had another boy. Every single one of my aunts and uncles on both sides has one of each or two of each, never doubles...so..thats what makes me think it's a girl. 
Labor signs:Heck no! And super happy about that. So far this has been a textbook pregnancy!
Belly button in or out: In! It never went out with Felix so I expect it to stay the same. 
Wedding rings on or off: On! 
Formula or Breastfeeding?  This question is odd for me to answer because it requires quite an explanation. But Formula, because we don't have any other option. Feel free to ask me about mammary hypoplasia if you have questions!
Have you bought anything for the baby yet?  We had the opportunity to get a crib for cheap from one of Seths coworkers, so we have that! I was also gifted a swing and a stroller from my sweet friend Jenny who was moving away. Other than that, I haven't bought anything!
Natural or Medicated birth?  Hoping for another epidural free birth. Also hoping to not be induced. Also hoping that by the time I give birth, laughing gas will be available at our hospital! It was just brought to Portland hospitals recently so I'm hoping it makes it's way out to Beaverton in the next 6 months!
Happy or moody most of the time: Moody. So moody. And hormonal and angry and weepy too. I cry at commercials and at random times about random things. It feels like my hormones are double what they were with my first pregnancy
Looking forward to: December 22nd, the day we find out the gender!

Most of the time it still doesn't feel quite "real" that we are having another baby. Perhaps as we get further and I start to feel kicks and put together the nursery, it will! Either way, we are excited for Felix to have a new buddy to play with and to expand our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment