Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

fresh feels good.

Blogging is probably the last thing I have time for.
But writing fuels my soul in a way that other hobbies can't.
This introvert has important stuff to SAY!
 It might not be important to you, but teaching my toddler that Mom needs her coffee is as important as it gets in our little world.

This blog is a restart. A fresh start. An attempt to rediscover myself after the first year and a half of motherhood has left me confused to my core about what I stand for.

I've been blogging on and off for a long time, but different seasons of life have kept me away from being consistent. Right now the season is GOOD. Felix is 19 months, and I feel like I have this "Mom" gig kinda sorta figured out. My business is running -- possibly running too fast for my taste but I'm learning to deal. I've decluttered a lot of our life thanks to the KonMari method. And I'm making real friends, which in the mom world is tough to do.

We relocated to the Portland, Oregon area 7 months ago and I've never felt more at home than I do here, even with our family and friends 800 miles away. Sometimes people ask me if we'll ever move back to California, and I usually laugh and say "NO WAY!". Unless the housing and living costs magically drop to reasonable levels, I see many happy years ahead of us living in Oregon. Now just to convince our parents to move up here too, that would really be amazing.

I want my blog to be a place where people can come and have a laugh, and maybe hear something meaningful too. Especially moms. Raising a little dictator is exhausting -- and it's nice to know that there are other Mamas out there having the same hard days and drinking the same large glass of pino grigio at the end of the night. I also want my blog to be a place of memories -- after all I have a TERRIBLE memory and I'd like to remember some of the bits and pieces of my over-caffeinated, under-slept life.

I may write about some of my favorite life-changing things. You know, essential oils, the diva cup, and Old Navy skinny jeans. I also like tell stories, so you may end up hearing about how my mom became my best friend, or why Seth proposed to me on a downtown street corner and it was the most romantic thing he could have done.

I'm excited for this fresh start in writing, and I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment